Our boys had the opportunity to participate in Pioneer Trek last week.
They had a great time, were very hot and stinky, but loved almost every minute of it!
Marissa and Todd and I got to participate on the Saturday of Trek.
The 12-13 year olds got to get their own families.
Todd and I were a Ma & Pa for some of the younger kids. Some from our family.
More from our family.
Marissa on the trail!
Brandon and his awesome "Ma".
Braden's new "family".
The female contingent of Braden's family
I ended up taking almost 300 pictures for the little time I was there. This has to be one of my favorites.
Looking hot!! Literally!
Getting ready to "arrive in the valley."
Brynn on pioneer stilts
Braden saying goodbye to his "Pa".
It was a great experience had by all. It was very hot and humid and some got poison ivy, a few had ticks, and some dehydration, but all in all, it was worth it!
I am grateful for all the leaders.
Some have spent over 9 months working on this.
I cannot imagine putting together an activity of this size!
I also cannot imagine being a real pioneer. Walking as far as they did, leaving their families, homes and lives to trek across the country.
Our kids had food provided. More than just ounces of flour. They were able to take more than 7 pounds of possessions with them. They only had to walk for 3 days. The longest being around 9 miles.
I was there for 3 miles. It was hot, and very humid. I was sweaty. And my legs hurt when I climbed into my soft comfortable bed.
It definitely gave me a new appreciation for the pioneers.
1. pioneers
2. showers
3. beds
4. washing machines!
7 comments:
love it all!
Amen.
How fun that you were with Jen Jen! Trek's are the BEST!
...and AMEN.
:)
Was Isaac one of your kids?!? He used to live in my ward. :)
What an awesome experience!! So glad you have all those pics to remember it.
By the way... THANK YOU for sharing your pictures.
XO
Love the pics! Our ward just got back from Pioneer trek and I thought how much I want to have the spiritual growth...but I want it without the work!
Post a Comment