Please, when you read this, make sure you are sitting down.
I don't want any one getting hurt because of me.
I did it!~~~~
I CANCELLED our Cable TV.
Now, for those who know me well, you will know how much I love to watch TV. So this is so HUGE for me.
The reasons for cancelling(and they are all my reasons and I don't care what anyone else does at their own house):
1. I am tired of the garbage that is on TV.
2. I am tired of paying the bill for the garbage that is on TV.
3. I would rather spend money on something other than the garbage that is on TV.
4. I want my children to find other things to do, other than watch the garbage that is on TV.
5. I am tired of my children having the influence of the garbage on TV.
Those are the biggest reasons.
Now, I will say, we have Netflix, for Christmas we got Apple TV, so there will still be some watching of the TV in our household. I feel that I will be able to have more control over what is watched and there are not commercials that have to be watched.
I will miss football and I may reconsider once football season comes around, but for now, there is no more cable in the Burt household.
I can't wait to see the reaction when the kids get home!
1. no more cable bill
2. Monday
3. sunshine
12 comments:
Congrats! We haven't had the TV set up in years, we just use it for dvds or the wii. I love it! We still are able to watch whatever we want to on hulu.com. It's great because the shows are so much shorter without the commercials and I have control of what comes on (like you were saying). I'm not sure about football. That probably doesn't come on hulu. (Jody)
GET OUT! You are a strong woman.
Welcome to the club. It is such a great feeling. What are you going to do with ALL that money?
You're funny.
:)
That's all.
I love how you waited until Utah football was over.
There is a method to your madness.
;-)
Way to go!!! I want to do the same but I can't bring myself to pay the Dish company to stop giving me TV. Next year I will join the club.
I'm glad you're in the club. Friday night movie nights are great! or when my kids have to be babysat, t.v. works wonders. I just heard a story I've never heard before about Elder Eyring. His mother found him and his older brother watching a comedy show that was a little crude, and cut the cord with shears. He went to bed. His older brother wired a fan cord to the tv and kept watching. The next day after school the tv was on the ground broken. She said she knocked it off dusting. Funny!
ps
I did the same thing a few summers ago--just couldn't take it anymore. Some how, we all lived to tell about it.
Join the club...we are going on 17 years now. :) You won't miss it, trust it!
Wow!!!!! I didn't think this day would come! What did Todd bribe you with??? I am very proud of you!
How funny, I just canceled our direct tv the same day!!!! I will miss HGTV and some of our favorite little shows on Sprout, but we'll all live and be commercial free.
So how's this going?...
Awesome and brave move Dawn. Are you still alive?
Post a Comment