Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WE ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!

It is very disgusting when this little treasure is your friend for a week!


We were SO happy when we could do this!!!

This is the story.......last Wednesday, I came home from being at the church and Todd started out with "Don't get upset, but....." I do not like that~~

Brynn had been lying in bed, with her fingers in her mouth~which I have asked her a million times to stop doing~and Todd heard her screaming. He ran upstairs to find out why. He was told, "I just SWALLOWED my CTR ring." After we called the doctor to find out what to do, we have been on constant STRAINING duty. Only one toilet in the house has been used for this lovely procedure, and it was not pretty.

Yesterday, I finally call the doctor again(Todd called Friday while I was at my race and he suggested giving her Miralax..which we have been doing). Still no ring.
Off to X-ray this morning. DEFINITELY a very visible CTR ring in her lower pelvic area. The tech said, "This is fun, should be out soon. Girls just like to hold on to things!!"

SO, I am thinking what I can give her to help this process along, Dunkin Donuts. We made a run. An hour later......

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




It all came out in the end!!!
It has been a long week of duty! Glad it is over!
1. insurance(we seem to have a lot of xrays here)
2. garbage can(to throw away the strainer)
3. CLOROX! It has been my friend


17 comments:

ellen said...

Ewwwwwww! Great story though!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how aweful..poor Brynn.. and whoever had to check the strainer..Glad that it's over!

Marcy said...

Oh my goodness, almost a week?!?!
You deserve a medal, my friend!

Unknown said...

YUCK!
Glad you're done with a very straining experience.

LL said...

and you think my DOG is sick??!

:)

Glad it all worked OUT.

I bet Brynn won't forget to CTR anytime soon!!!

Clenece said...

Way to go Brynn...Glad it finally came out!

Becky said...

that's what I like to call FUN TIMES! (not) Man...the things mom's have to deal with. Glad it's over.

Trueman twins said...

So is Brynn ever going to wear the ring again??
Reminds me of Marley and Me. What a long week of poop duty! So glad for you that it is over and OUT!

Trueman twins said...

So is Brynn ever going to wear the ring again??
Reminds me of Marley and Me. What a long week of poop duty! So glad for you that it is over and OUT!

Live Deliberately said...

I swallowed a marble and a penny when I was a kid. Paul and Paulette never strained anything. Do you think they are still in there?

nanci said...

Happy Day!

Karey L F said...

Seriously, that is DISGUSTING! The things we do for our kids. By the way, it's so great to see you. I'm excited to follow your Blog to keep up with what is going on with your family!

Jo Jo said...

Okay, I think I would have just let that one get flushed and add that to the Christmas list! Did you have to do that?

Denise said...

That is disgusting! Kids just can't keep their fingers out of their mouth. Glad it was you and not me!

Swimmingmom said...

I'm cracking up! What a week!

smart mama said...

nice story for the burt family lore

Mark and Kiss said...

Oh, Dawn, that is a priceless story...glad there was no harm done, makes the story funny.