Have you ever
had an IDIOT moment???
Let me tell you about my day.......
Wake up~6:12 am
Get in shower
Get ready and get kids ready and off to school
8:30~teachers from the school pick up my BBQ grill
8:40~leave to drop Brynn off at my/her friends house(thanks again)
9:00~go to Marissa's school to drop off a book I thought she left at home
turns out it was a sample book that her teacher gave her.
Stay and help teacher for 30 minutes.
9:30~Braden's school for 8th grade cookout
BBQ 240 hamburgers 200 hotdogs
I STINK
12:20~Last minute well check for Braden so he can go to Lacrosse Camp
1:00 take Braden back to school so he can finish Field Day
1:30 Pick up Brynn from friends house
2:00 head to Wal-Mart to get a birthday gift for Brynn's friend's party from school
2:50 rush home to get Marissa off the bus, bus is late, doesn't come until 3:15
RUSH home to wrap present for party that starts at 3:30
3:24 leave for party
take several wrong turns
3:33 Knock on door at party~babysitter answers door with a quizzical look on her face
HELLO IDIOT!!! I didn't read the invitation~party is NEXT FRIDAY!!
In my defense, I saw the mom at school a few weeks ago and she told me to hold open the Friday after school gets out for the party, I guess she didn't mean when the preschool gets out, she meant when all the kids get out.
1. mom not being home
2. babysitter not knowing who I am
3. THE WEEKEND
8 comments:
I actually had one of those idiot moments on Wed. I RUSHED through my day for a dr's appt. when I get there to check in the receptionist tells me the appt is NEXT wed. I was embarrassed and so mad at myself..so I know how you feel!!
HATE when that happens, and yes, it has happened many times to me.
If I'm not being an idiot I'm trying for Mother of the Year.
I am so glad you got to use your BBQ skills from the ballpark and that is hilarious that you show up ready for a party! At least the mom wasn't home, I would have felt really dumb! At least you know how to get there now!
Thanks for the laugh! At least you have the present all ready to go now!
Uggh, how frustrating after such a busy day!!!!! At least you have the gift all ready to go!
I have those moments SO often I've stopped calling them idiot moments. That would just make me feel, well, like an idiot.
been there, done THAT. twice :)
LOL, good one! lol!
Post a Comment