When school first started this year, our kids of course were going to a new school. It was not an easy transition. Brandon had the hardest time. He was used to elementary school and when we went to get signed up for school found out he would be in middle school. 7 different classes a day. He struggled. We have no kids on our street, so none of the kids made any friends before school started.
Several weeks after school started, we were driving to the church for scouts and we were listening to Jericho Road. Brandon loves them, the rest of us think they are ok. This is what he said to us when the song "You Melt the Madness" came on the cd:
"This is the song I would think of at school when I was struggling to get through my day and wishing I wasn't alone and missing my old friends and my family."
Totally made me cry, but I was grateful for good music. These are the lyrics:
Some days it feels like I am walking
through a storm
A strong wind blowing at my heart
I long for shelter only you can give me, Lord
You are all I need need cause
You're the Prince of Peace
Chorus
You melt the madness
You calm the fear inside me
When the world is spinning out of control
You stop the struggle
Lord, it's your love that brings sweet rest to my soul
And my heart knows
You melt the madness
You melt the madness
It seems this crazy world is never gonna change
So, Lord, I want you to change me
And in the chaos I'll be calling out your name
Won't you set me free
With your serenity
Chorus
Come what may
No matter what we face
I'll be still, and know that you are God
through a storm
A strong wind blowing at my heart
I long for shelter only you can give me, Lord
You are all I need need cause
You're the Prince of Peace
Chorus
You melt the madness
You calm the fear inside me
When the world is spinning out of control
You stop the struggle
Lord, it's your love that brings sweet rest to my soul
And my heart knows
You melt the madness
You melt the madness
It seems this crazy world is never gonna change
So, Lord, I want you to change me
And in the chaos I'll be calling out your name
Won't you set me free
With your serenity
Chorus
Come what may
No matter what we face
I'll be still, and know that you are God
Click this link to listen to it! I couldn't find it to add it to my playlist! It is #12
1. kids
2. good music
3. feeling the spirit
11 comments:
I love that he thought to do that!!
Love Marissa
GREAT BOY GREAT BOY!!!
he has such a sweet heart...all of your kids do. I love that he thought that AND that he would share it with you...
love that boy!
Wow, I'm so glad that you know that now. Amazing the power of music.
Good for Brandon, what a great kid!
(Love your new background!)
It's hard to see our children hurt. I'm grateful that he is able to communicate to you how he is feeling. What a sweet boy.
What a softy! What a trooper! Keep hanging in there buddy! =)
Music IS so powerful... how great that he would share that with his mom!
Well that made me cry. What a sweet kid. I wish adolesence wasn't such a pain.
Brandon - You are a tough kid. I never had to move while I was growing up. I wouldn't have done as well as you.
N
Wow, what a great kid! How sweet.
Post a Comment